Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Appropriation Snapshot 1

2/10/14
At this point I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. But that's okay because I never do.

Artists create original art
I didn't know what I was going to do. Obviously I wasn't going to settle for copying somebody else's idea.

Artists develop art making skills
Despite my uncertainty and general lack of assignment related participation, I did not waste my time. I doodled a lot of random nonsense in my sketchbook. I furthered my skill with sharpies and colored pencils.

Artists reflect
I did indeed do much reflecting as I generated ideas. I achieved greater understanding of myself. I learned that most of my ideas are rather dreadful and perhaps off-topic. But that's okay because not every idea comes to fruition.

No comments:

Post a Comment